In addition to the easily reached pipes under kitchen sinks and crawlspaces, there are many hidden locations in your home’s plumbing system that can develop persistent leaks. A professional water leak inspection can help keep your water bills manageable and prevent potentially catastrophic damage. Let Carter Services put your mind at ease and schedule a Torrance, CA home inspection today.
HOTSPOT LOCATIONS FOR UNDETECTED LEAKS
Depending on the age of your home and the complexity of your plumbing systems, there are a variety of potentially high-risk locations that a comprehensive water leak inspection can examine issues:
- Well Lines: Leaks frequently occur in the pipes between the well system and the house itself or other water-circulating outbuildings.
- Water Service Lines: High water bills are often a sign of a leak in the service line itself. Once the line crosses the property line the homeowner is generally responsible for any break or leak that occurs.
- Basement Flooding: Strong rainstorms and intense snow melts can cause seasonal issues in the substructure of your home. Sometimes these leaks will be hidden behind the drywall, causing signs of cracking or distortion.
- Sewer Lateral Lines: Professional inspections can identify blocked or poorly draining sewer lines that may be causing water leakage or pressure issues.
- Hot and Cold Water Lines: High-heat spots on slab floors can indicate leaks beneath the slab.
CONSERVE WATER AND PREVENT CATASTROPHIC DAMAGE
Water leaks that occur in hidden places can quickly cause serious problems down the road. If you suspect that your home’s plumbing lines need professional assessment, do not delay! Schedule a water leak inspection with our knowledgeable Carter Services technicians today.