Torrance Thermostat Servicing & Installation
Helping Your Heating & Air System Work as Efficiently as Possible
Heating your home is expensive, especially if you are using an electric furnace. One of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to reduce your home heating costs is to install a programmable thermostat that automatically turns off your furnace when heat is not needed.
Many of the problems linked to heating and cooling your home can often be linked back to the thermostat. Sometimes there are easy solutions like it’s just out of adjustment or the batteries need to be replaced. If you think your thermostat is acting up, the first thing you can do is to try replacing the batteries. In most cases, this is a simple repair that any homeowner can tackle by reading the owner’s manual of your thermostat.
If your thermostat says one temperature and you know the room is another, it’s possible that the thermostat may be dirty and needs to be cleaned or otherwise adjusted. You can carefully use a soft brush to gently remove dust and dirt. Some types of thermostats need to be properly seated on the wall and if they are tilted they will measure the temperature inaccurately. Or, your thermostat might not have been installed in a place where it can get an accurate reading.
If you don’t already have a programmable thermostat in your home, or if your thermostat isn’t working properly, give us a call! Carter Services can help you save a lot of money by repairing your thermostat or installing a new state-of-the-art unit in your home.
Contact us today to learn more about your thermostat repair and replacement options in Torrance!
The Heart of a Smarter Home
As technology advances, thermostats come with more and more exciting features that help homeowners live more efficient, convenient lives.
Just a few of these advances include:
- Wi-Fi® enabled for remote access via the Internet with Apple® or Android™ smartphone and tablet devices
- Designed to save energy with smart setback and energy reporting features
- A wide range of HVAC system and brand compatibility
Your heating and cooling system is where you spend most of your energy dollars so saving on your utilities is important. The innovative Côr™ thermostat is designed to combine home comfort with reduced energy use; homeowners saved an average of 20% on their heating and cooling energy costs1. It’s what we call the heart of a smarter home.
Standard features of these systems include:
- Full-color touch screen
- Intuitive, on-screen prompts
- Local weather 4-day forecast
- Remote access via Internet and Apple® and Android(TM) apps for smartphone or tablet devices
- Detailed energy reports and customized energy saving tips
- Smart setback intelligently adapts beyond manual programming for greater efficiency, while still meeting your ideal comfort levels
- One-button Touch-N-Go quick-settings-change feature
- Ideal Humidity System® management capable for exacting comfort
- Hybrid Heat® system management capable
- Intelligent, heating- and cooling-comfort staging capable
- Auto changeover between heating and cooling
- On or Auto fan speed options
- Day-at-a-glance 7-day (wake, away, home, sleep) guided programming
- Vacation hold programming
- Choice of fixed-schedule or runtime based filter, UV lamp, or humidifier pad replacement reminders
- High/low temperature, high/low humidity, and system maintenance reminders
- 5-year parts limited warranty*
It’s all about helping you keep your hard-earned money through smart energy use. Features like smart setback let the thermostat intelligently adapt beyond manual programming for greater efficiency, while still meeting your ideal comfort levels. Energy reports help you see exactly when your energy dollars are being spent so you can modify settings to maximize savings. It will even provide you customized energy saving tips.
And, if your system includes a Carrier heat pump and a furnace, its energy smart design can orchestrate their use as a Hybrid Heat® system to further stretch your energy dollars.
This versatile thermostat is readily compatible with a number of HVAC system types and brands** to allow you to upgrade to convenient remote access control and energy saving intelligence. All you need is an Internet connection and you can have complete control over your system from your couch or your favorite beach getaway.
Reach out to our team of highly skilled specialists for thermostat installation and servicing in Torrance. Call (310) 872-1898 to schedule your appointment!
*Based on a 2012 third-party study comparing Carrier®Côr™ technology to the estimated cost of a non-programmable thermostat set to 72°F at all times.
**Your Carrier dealer can help you determine system compatibility regardless of your current brand of HVAC products