Water Heater Repair & Installation in Torrance
Torrance Plumbers Providing Expert Workmanship You Can Trust
If your home doesn’t have a steady stream of hot water, it can be a very uncomfortable place to be. You can’t take a hot shower or even wash your dishes or clothes. At Carter Services, we offer both water heater repair and water installation services that will once again make you comfortable in your home. Whether you need a new water heater or you just need your current unit worked on, our professionals will have your system up and running with minimum disruption to your daily routine.
It’s only natural if you don’t pay a lot of attention to your water heater. Most people don’t – until there’s a problem, that is.
Fortunately, you will more than likely get warning signs before you either need water heater repair or a new unit entirely. Here are a few of the more common ones:
- Dirty water – If you notice this problem, check with your neighbors and see if they’re experiencing the same issue. If they’re not, then you may need a new water heater.
- Corrosion or rust – Check the inside of your tank. If you notice corrosion or rust near the bottom, then it’s probably just a matter of time before you’ll need a new unit.
- Bad-smelling water – When a large amount of sediment accumulates at the bottom of a tank, it usually winds up causing foul-smelling water. If this is happening to you and your tank is more than 10 years old, you should seriously consider calling us for new water heater installation. If it’s not that old, however, a thorough flushing could alleviate the problem.
- Not enough hot water – This could be caused by either a defective electrical heating element or a bad gas burner. If your appliance is 7 years or younger, then you should have the part replaced by calling us for water heater repair. If it’s older, however, you should think about a new unit.
Signs It's Time to Replace Your Water Heater Entirely
- Old age - There is no such thing as a water heater that will last forever. Water heaters are bound to need replacing during the course of a typical home occupancy. The problem is, most homeowners aren't aware when their water heaters are due for replacement. When a heater becomes faulty due to old age, not knowing this can lead to major risks.
- Rusty Water or Valve - Although steel is one of the strongest materials on earth, rust is its greatest weakness. Corrosion results in the slow erosion of steel in certain places whenever it spreads on a surface. Rust acts as a warning sign of leaking steel tanks and pipes. The problem is, it's often hard to tell whether rust is coming from the water heater itself or from the pipes leading to your faucet. As a result, rust is an immediate problem that needs to be addressed for your household's health.on.
- Water Heater Noises - Another symptom of a failing water heater is noise coming from the tank. The heater will emit louder and louder rumbling noises as it heats up the water as it ages. The problem is likely to be more severe in households that use a great deal of hot water.
- Leaking Water - There is an increased likelihood that water will appear on the floor around a water heater that is nearing the end of its lifespan. Water usually indicates leaks. A leak in your water heater can cause significant property damage, depending on where it's located inside the house.
If you are experience any of these common signs of a faulty water heater, call Carter Services to help with a Torrance water heater installation project. We're here to help you!
If you're experiencing one or more of these warning signs, give us a call at (310) 872-1898 to set up an appointment with one of our knowledgeable technicians!
What are the Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters?
- They last longer - With proper installation and maintenance, tankless water heaters can last for more than 20 years.
- They conserve energy - Tankless water heaters do not waste energy by storing excess hot water, so there is no standing water and no standby losses.
- They save space - Tankless water heaters need little space to install. They can be put on the outside wall of your house, in your utility closet, or even beside your utility room.
Our Torrance tankless water heater installation professionals will gladly set up a consultation and give you a quote for installation if you want to learn more about the benefits of these systems.
Are Tankless Water Heaters Maintenance Free?
With the increase in popularity of tankless water heaters, most consumers are still unaware these heaters are not maintenance free. Most manufacturers, including Noritz, recommend that a yearly maintenance schedule is followed.
The following list includes some common tankless water heater maintenance items:
- Descaling the heat exchanger
- Cleaning or replacing the water intake screen
- Inspect venting for proper air flow, soot build up or any other obstructions
- Verify proper thermostat operation
- Check for any error codes
- Inspect water, gas and relief valves
- Inspect cabinet and interior components
- Verify water and gas pressures are ok
Prompt Torrance Water Heater Repair
If you ever hear any odd noises coming from your unit or you notice that it is overheating, please turn the unit off immediately. If you don’t, you could be at risk for a leak or even a flood. The longer you leave it running, the worse of a problem you will have.
Call Carter Home Services at (310) 872-1898 or contact us online and we’ll send one of our Torrance plumbers to your home as quickly as possible to perform your water heater repair or water heater installation. If you need another service such as drain cleaning or leak detection, we’ll be happy to help with that as well.