Water Heater Services & Installation in Torrance
Torrance Plumbers Providing Expert Workmanship You Can Trust
If your home doesn’t have a steady stream of hot water, it can be a very uncomfortable place to be. You can’t take a hot shower or even wash your dishes or clothes. At Carter Services, we offer both water heater repair and water installation services that will once again make you comfortable in your home. Whether you need a new water heater or you just need your current unit worked on, our professionals will have your system up and running with minimum disruption to your daily routine.
It’s only natural if you don’t pay a lot of attention to your water heater. Most people don’t – until there’s a problem, that is.
Fortunately, you will more than likely get warning signs before you either need water heater repair or a new unit entirely. Here are a few of the more common ones:
- Dirty water – If you notice this problem, check with your neighbors and see if they’re experiencing the same issue. If they’re not, then you may need a new water heater.
- Corrosion or rust – Check the inside of your tank. If you notice corrosion or rust near the bottom, then it’s probably just a matter of time before you’ll need a new unit.
- Bad-smelling water – When a large amount of sediment accumulates at the bottom of a tank, it usually winds up causing foul-smelling water. If this is happening to you and your tank is more than 10 years old, you should seriously consider calling us for new water heater installation. If it’s not that old, however, a thorough flushing could alleviate the problem.
- Not enough hot water – This could be caused by either a defective electrical heating element or a bad gas burner. If your appliance is 7 years or younger, then you should have the part replaced by calling us for water heater repair. If it’s older, however, you should think about a new unit.
If you're experiencing one or more of these warning signs, give us a call at (310) 872-1898 to set up an appointment with one of our knowledgeable technicians!
Are Tankless Water Heaters Maintenance Free?
With the increase in popularity of tankless water heaters, most consumers are still unaware these heaters are not maintenance free. Most manufacturers, including Noritz, recommend that a yearly maintenance schedule is followed.
The following list includes some common tankless water heater maintenance items:
- Descaling the heat exchanger
- Cleaning or replacing the water intake screen
- Inspect venting for proper air flow, soot build up or any other obstructions
- Verify proper thermostat operation
- Check for any error codes
- Inspect water, gas and relief valves
- Inspect cabinet and interior components
- Verify water and gas pressures are ok
Prompt Torrance Water Heater Repair
If you ever hear any odd noises coming from your unit or you notice that it is overheating, please turn the unit off immediately. If you don’t, you could be at risk for a leak or even a flood. The longer you leave it running, the worse of a problem you will have.
Call Carter Home Services at (310) 872-1898 or contact us online and we’ll send one of our Torrance plumbers to your home as quickly as possible to perform your water heater repair or water heater installation. If you need another service such as drain cleaning or leak detection, we’ll be happy to help with that as well.