If your home’s water pressure is too low, it can negatively affect your life in several ways. For example, when you shower, the water may barely come out of the showerhead, making your showers time-consuming and inefficient. Also, more than likely, your washing machine will take longer to fill up and your dishwasher won’t be as effective. In addition, water may barely dribble from your kitchen and bathroom faucets, and your toilets could have issues filling up and flushing properly.
As you can see, when your house’s water pressure is too low, it can make your daily life a nightmare in a variety of ways.
Signs of Low Water Pressure
Sometimes, especially early on, it may be difficult to tell if your water pressure is low. At other times, it is obvious. Either way, there are a few common signs you can look out for to help you determine if your home’s water pressure is too low:
- Leaks – If your plumbing is cracked, damaged, or leaking, one of the problems that it can cause is low water pressure. Plumbing leaks reduce the pressure in your pipes, which can result in your water pressure dropping.
- Faucets – If your home’s water pressure is too low, you will notice it when water barely comes out of your showerheads, bathtub faucets, bathroom sink faucets, kitchen sink faucets, and outdoor faucets. Without proper water pressure, water will sometimes just dribble from your home’s faucets.
- Washing Machine – Water pressure plays a big role in a washing machine’s efficiency. Strong water pressure is necessary to fill up a washing machine, and it’s also required to ensure that the spin cycle is effective. If your water pressure is too low, you may find that your clothes are still dirty after you wash them.
- Dishwasher – Just like your washing machine, your dishwasher requires strong water pressure to effectively wash your dishes. If you have low water pressure, your dishes may not be fully cleaned when you use your dishwasher to clean them.
Tips for Fixing Poor Water Pressure in Your House
If your home has poor water pressure, fixing it will more than likely become your top priority. The following are a few tips for fixing poor water pressure in your house:
- Check with your neighbors – In some cases, your neighbors could also be experiencing water pressure problems. This could be because your house’s water system is fine and you’re having water pressure issues because there’s a problem with the municipal water system in your area.
- Make sure your pipes aren’t clogged – If your pipes become clogged, that can severely limit your plumbing’s water pressure. In some cases, there can be a specific item blocking your pipes, and in other instances, over time mineral deposits can build up in your pipes and gradually limit the space in your pipes and the ability of water to flow through them.
- Check your main water valve and water pressure regulator – Make sure your home’s main water valve is open far enough. Your main water valve controls how much water flows into your home. In addition, you should make sure your water pressure regulator (also known as a pressure reducing valve) is working properly. The water pressure regulator makes sure the water entering your home isn’t entering with too much force. However, if it starts working incorrectly, it can result in water entering your home with too little force.
- Look for leaks, cracked pipes, and other plumbing damage – As stated earlier, damage to your plumbing, such as cracked pipes and leaks, can result in poor water pressure. If you find a cracked pipe, leak, or some other form of plumbing damage, having that repaired may solve your water pressure problems.
Water Pressure Problems? Contact Our Experienced Plumbers in Torrance Today!
For nearly 50 years, Carter Services has been the go-to home services provider for homeowners and businesses in Torrance and its surrounding areas. Our plumbers are licensed, insured, skilled, and experienced. We can solve your water pressure issues and have your plumbing working properly again in no time.
If the water pressure in your home or business is too low, we can help. For more information about Carter Services, and how we’ve helped customers with their plumbing problems, check out our customers’ reviews.
To learn more about water pressure problems and how to solve them, or to discuss your plumbing issues with our experienced plumbers in Torrance, give us a call at (310) 872-1898 or get in touch with us online today. We offer discounts!