Torrance Electrical Services
Trusted Electrical Contractors Serving Southern California
Electrical help is now available from the same experts that you have learned to trust for all your HVAC needs over the years. Master electricians are ready to assist you with any project you may have. Our expert electricians in Torrance will help with your home, commercial office, or industrial factory.
Depend on Carter Services for:
Call (310) 872-1898 now to schedule an appointment with a qualified electrician. 24/7 emergency services are available!
Our Electrical Services at a Glance
We can design new complete systems, repair and upgrade existing systems, or fix any electrical need – large or small. All of our electricians are licensed and trained to be current with NEC regulations.
Here is a short list of electrical services we provide:
- Backup and safety systems: including generator service, whole home surge protection, battery backups, thermal imaging, and fire detection and alarm systems
- Outlets and switches: such as panel upgrades, car charging installations, wall outlets, GFCI outlets, and power-saving switches
- Lighting: including signs and displays, ceiling fans, chandeliers, outside lighting, and LED lighting
- Electrical troubleshooting: accurately diagnosing and repairing all types of electrical problems
Invest in your home and make sure that all of your critical and expensive electronics are backed up with surge protectors. If you use extension cords without surge protection you are putting your equipment at risk. Even worse, you may be putting your home in danger by creating a significant fire hazard. Extension cords and power strips are not enough to protect you from surges and other hazards.
Many people know enough to add surge protectors for their computers and other sensitive equipment, but this is rarely enough to protect your equipment and your home. For example, major appliances like refrigerators have fragile electronics that can be easily destroyed during a surge. A professionally installed whole home surge protection system will stop surges at the source. As a result, they can protect a wide range of electronics in your home. Depending on the rating and size of your whole home surge protection system you may still want to individually protect specific pieces of equipment.
Are You Prepared for Bad Weather?
Although we live in sunny California, where the weather is usually clear and beautiful, we can experience an occasional storm. Heavy rains and wind can damage property and even cause power blackouts. Knocked over telephone poles and down power lines can leave your home without power and often internet service until it is repaired.
Prepare yourself for disasters and protect your home and equipment with these essential solutions:
- Surge protection keeps your electronics safe from overloading. Without surge protection, your appliances can be ruined, and it will void any warranties that came with them.
- Battery backups can keep your home instantly powered in case of an emergency. Often after a blackout, your equipment is already turned off, reset, and the information is lost. Home battery backups can protect your essential loads, so you won’t even notice the power is out.
- Generators can add another source of power that works when your electrical utility does not. In combination with a battery backup, these two systems can be synced to work automatically. Battery backups and generators can be very effective when they are running complementary with each other. Generators are common and inexpensive to install. But generators alone will not throttle power as needed. This is where putting in a battery to complement the generator is a perfect solution.
Thermal Imaging Inspections
Deep scan your home or business for real issues that are not visible to the naked eye. Your residential or commercial property is one of your biggest investments. Make sure that it is protected from the ground up.
It is important to have a licensed technician come to your property and perform a safety evaluation. Whether you are buying a new home, selling the one you already own, or just want to make sure your home is safe, thermal imaging can provide you with powerful insights about your home electrical system. Our Torrance electricians at Carter Services are trained to use special equipment and know how to analyze the results much like a doctor looking at x-rays. We will spot issues that can save you huge headaches and we will give smart recommendations on how to fix problems and save money.
"Polite, professional and knowledgeable. I highly recommend"
I have used Carter Services for 13 years. Today was another positive experience. Edward replaces the thermostat, set it for ...- Virginia S
He was prompt, analyzed the problem and explained the solutions very well.- Lourdes
"Fast, friendly, clean and respectful."
I would definitely call on them again for plumbing/dishwasher services.- Yolanda
I've used Carter Services numerous times.- Michele
"Quick Response, Excellent Work"
Service was provided the same day and Kent did an excellent job fixing our SubZero refrigerator which needed a new coil and s ...- Suzanne
"Excellent and quick service!"
Kent diagnosed the problem quickly and was able to fix our Sub Zero refrigerator in the same appointment.- Carre
"I can't remember ever being more impressed with a repair service."
Highly recommend!- Montagues
"I have always found Carter's Services to be responsive and reliable and their technicians to be capable."
I was very pleased and satisfied with the service from Carter's to repair our dishwasher.- Barbara