Summertime in Southern California means exceedingly hot temperatures, especially with the recent heat waves we’ve been having. Therefore, many of us retreat indoors and take shelter in our cool, air-conditioned homes. However, due to the frequent use your air conditioner gets during these warm summer months, it’s bound to experience some wear and tear. In order to ensure that your AC will be in prime working condition for the next heat wave or summer season, it’s important that you receive off-season maintenance.
What You Should Have Checked During Routine AC Maintenance
At Carter Services, we perform thorough, multi-point inspections to ensure we catch anything in need of minor repairs and clean any dust settling within your unit.
Our Torrance AC maintenance specialists will:
- Check the condensate drain to make sure it is clear and allowing water to flow from your unit
- Ensure there are proper coolant levels and there aren’t any leaks
- Inspect the coils, fans, motors, and parts to ensure they’re in place, clean, and working efficiently
- Check all electrical wiring to ensure it’s connected properly and safely
- Certify that the thermostat is properly calibrated
- Change your air filter
- Ensure that your air conditioner has enough room to operate properly
Should we find anything alarming, we will always report back to you before we conduct any necessary repairs.
The Benefits of Off-Season AC Maintenance
There’s nothing worse than heading to turn on your AC once the temperatures reach 80° or higher, only for it to fail to power up. One way to prevent this tragic event from occurring is to receive routine off-season maintenance.
Other benefits of off-season AC maintenance include:
- Improved indoor air quality due to the removal of dust that accumulated in your air conditioner and filter
- Increased energy efficiency and reduced utility bills
- Catching any repairs before they become large, costly ones
- More even cooling throughout your home so there are no longer hot spots
- Improved comfort
- Reduced chances of breakdowns
- Increased lifespan
Quality Work by Technicians You Can Trust
At Carter Services, we will always arrive on time, dressed professionally, and ready to complete the job. We work diligently to build a lasting relationship with all of our customers and focus on providing unmatched customer service every time.
To schedule off-season AC maintenance in Torrance, give us a call at (310) 872-1898 or contact us online.